- Traditional rustic, stemless glasses Spaniards use to sip everyday wines
- Discovered in mercados (markets) and tapas restaurants throughout Spain
- Neatly stackable, easy to store, versatile, and made for gifting
- Durable; less prone to breakage; commercial and home dishwasher safe
- Specs: 2 3/8-inches (H); 3 1/8-inches (T); 2 3/4-inches (B); Capacity: 7 1/2 ounces
Spanish Wine Experience. How They Drink Wine in Spain.
Our favorite simple, casual, stemless wine glasses are the ones we discovered in the mercados (markets) and tapas restaurants throughout Madrid -- homey, rustic, stemless "Chato" glasses Spaniards use to sip their everyday local and regional wines. We learned that the Spanish people drink wine with a naturalness and makes fancy glasses seem out of place. These glasses are neatly stackable, lightweight yet durable, dishwasher safe, easy to store, great for parties and wine tastings.
Chatos, whose name means “small glasses of wine” in Spanish, feature a simplistic yet timeless design, able to transition effortlessly from casual meals to festive entertaining. The low profile and straight sides make these glasses stronger and less prone to breakage than curved glasses. Use these versatile glasses for wine, a panna cotta, yogurt and berries, or serving cocktails like a Negroni or an Old-Fashioned, as well as milk or iced tea. Offered in a Gift Box for keeping or giving.