- Tall, aristocratic, fine crystal wine glass for sipping "vino da meditazione"
- Uniquely designed according to specifications of legendary Luigi Veronelli
- Personal, contemplative glass creates a deep connection with each sip of wine
- Geometrically-faceted 18-ounce bowl directs bouquets and aromas to the nose
- Specs: 8 3/4-inches (H); 2 3/4-inches (T) 3 1/4-inches (B); dishwasher safe
A Meditation Wine Commands Quiet, Respect, and the Proper Glass.
The great Italian wine critic and intellectual, Luigi "Gino" Veronelli had many achievements, and among them was coining the term "vino da meditazione" or "meditation wine." For Veronelli, it was a wine to drink alone, not to pair with food, and not to drink with someone else, a wine you could, through contemplation of each sip, create a deep, even spiritual connection with. Many wines are well suited to sipping mindfully on one's own, wines that require time and calm to be appreciated.
A wine sipped in solitude calls for low light and solitude, quiet and reflection, a one-on-one affair between the oenophile and his or her wine, no company but one's own thoughts and the fluid, shifting taste of the wine.
Expertly crafted in Italy according to the specifications of legendary Veronelli, the tall, aristocratic, crystal chalice is an extraordinary wine glass which, in his words, "demands the warm caress of the hand." Pour the wine lovingly, he suggests, and with infinite care, clearly discern its colors, enjoying already the light and soothing play of tonal reflections, set it free, and breathe in every hidden note of its bouquet. "With a kiss, writes Veronelli, "we take sips with our tongue and our palate. We imbue ourselves in memories: thousands upon thousands." The Limited-Edition "Meditation Wine Glass" is offered in an exclusive Gift Box, for keeping or giving.