- Set of functional, informal, stemless wine glasses, inspired by the regional bàcaro taverns
- Mild imperfections should be considered part of the unique characteristics of the artisan glasses
- Glasses suit Italian philosophy that everyday wine should be served without pretense
- The space-saving glasses fit compactly into a dishwasher and take up less room in a cabinet
- Dimensions: Top 2 1/4-inches; Bottom 2-inches; Height: 3 1/2-inches; Capacity 5 1/2-ounces
How to Drink Wine Like the Italians.
Wines from the Italian region of Veneto are perfect "everyday" wines to accompany meals. They are like an old marriage: comfortable, agreeable, and without pretense. Bàcaro is a Venetian word for a humble tavern serving simple food and young, inexpensive local wines in delightfully charming and informal glasses that capture a nonchalance the Italians call "sprezzatura." The clever simplicity of these rustic wine glasses personifies that attitude, and mild imperfections should be considered part of the unique characteristics of these artisan glasses.
Introducing to the American table a set of four 5 1/2-ounce stemless wine glasses that prioritize function over form, without pretentious flourishes. There is also something tactile and comforting, a satisfying degree of purpose about these small peasant glasses, just right with humble food shared in a casual setting, and easier to store and travel. Offered in a Gift Box Set of 4, for keeping or giving.