- Elegant 6-ounce, uniquely heat-retaining Irish Coffee glass used at San Francisco’s Buena Vista Cafe
- Perfect for traditional Gaelic mix of whiskey, coffee and brown sugar with an inch of heavy cream floated on top
- Measures 5 3/4-inches high; 2 7/8-inches top diameter; 2 3/4-inches bottom diameter
- Decorative pedestal foot and curved flare design provides the perfect presentation
- Gift Box includes 2 Irish Coffee Glasses PLUS the drink's history and authentic recipe
The One and Only, Genuine, Original Irish Coffee Glass.
In 1952, on one of his frequent trips abroad, San Francisco Chronicle columnist Stanton Delaplane sampled Irish coffee at Shannon Airport west of Dublin. On his return to San Francisco, he spent an evening with Jack Koeppler, then owner of the Buena Vista Cafe, concocting the proper proportions of Irish whisky, coffee, sugar and cream for the drink.
They found a glass with a pedestal foot and curved flare design perfect for the recipe, and by the early 1960s most neighborhood taverns and every North Beach and Fisherman's Wharf restaurant stocked this totemic glass to serve San Francisco's own Irish coffee. Irish Coffee became synonymous with a visit to San Francisco, and now a set of the elegant, 6-ounce, uniquely heat-retaining glasses makes it possible to serve authentic Irish Coffee at home.
Offering a Gift Box Set of 2 Original Irish Coffee Glasses, for keeping or giving.