- Set of 2 crystal cocktail coupes inspired by characters created by Dashiell Hammett
- Art Deco stem influenced by 1930s private-eye/detective fiction, and film-noir
- Vintage coupe, about one-third the size of a too-large Martini glass
- Elegant yet durable; crafted with deep, curved bowl and thin, delicate lip
- 6-ounce capacity; measures 5 7/8" high by 2 3/4" wide (dishwasher safe)
The Cinematic Nick and Nora Cocktail Glass. "Art Deco Noir" Limited Edition.
Nick and Nora Charles originated from the pen of writer Dashiell Hammett, whose novel "The Thin Man" invented a new kind of crime fiction. It was hard-boiled, but also light-hearted; funny, with just a hint of film noir. In a series of movies throughout the 1930s, audiences watched Nick and Nora as they sipped cocktails in between solving crimes.
Perhaps the best-known drink glass of its time, the Nick & Nora glass holds just over 6 ounces, smartly on the small side. (The second half of a too-large Martini will have become too warm by the time the average drinker gets to it). This style of glassware has a deep, curved bowl, less top-heavy than V-shaped Martini glasses and standard bar coupes, therefore easier to hold by the stem, and more importantly, the thin, delicate lip helps a velvety Martini slide onto the tongue. Supported with a period art deco stem for durability and beauty, the "Art Deco Noir" Nick & Nora Martini Cocktail Glass should be served at a dinner party in honor of Dashiell Hammett or any occasion where glamour is requested. Gift Box Set of 2, for keeping or giving.