Allow 6 to 8 weeks production time. Free To-Your-Door Shipping included. To request free leather samples, email email@example.com
- Designed & engineered according to Congressional office specifications
- Each lounge chair is built-to-order, one at a time, by American craftsmen
- Specifically tailored to give the body the ultimate in comfort and support
- Kiln-dried, double-doweled hardwood frame; hand-tied springs; brass nail trim
- Upholstered in top-grain leathers, choice of 31 colors, standard or tufted back
- Measures: 34-inches (D); 34-inches (H); 18-inches (SH); Weight: 34.5 lbs
"If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is." That pretty much summed up the philosophy of Sam Rayburn, who entered Congress in 1913 at the beginning of Woodrow Wilson's presidency and served in office for more than 48 years. "Mr. Sam" served as the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives for 17 years, and is regarded as the most effective Speaker of the House in American history.
The Rayburn House Office Building, providing offices for the U.S. House of Representatives, was completed in early 1965. Named after former Speaker of the House, the classical structure was built in architectural harmony with other Capitol Hill structures, with an interior decor that includes cherrywood paneling, brass railing, and marble floors. Furnishings for the Rayburn Building are characterized by strong lines and meticulous craftsmanship, all pieces designed and engineered according to exact the original Rayburn Building specifications. Considered the gold standard in American furniture construction.
Decades of development and hours of test-sitting went into the making of the handsome Rayburn Collection. The supremely welcoming Lounge Chair exhibits elevated taste and extraordinary craftsmanship. Features include kiln-dried, double-doweled hardwood frame and eight-way hand-tied springs. Supporting legs are carved solid cherry with brass ferrules. Backs are hand-tufted and buttons tied with heavy-duty twine. Antique-brass nailheads line the pleated roll arms and wrap around the base. Each piece is upholstered in top grain, Austrian and South German leathers.