- Handsome vintage-style Old Fashioned glass with deco-textured surface
- Design inspired by the formal drinkware of the old Waldorf Men's Bar
- Timeless, sophisticated look; notable for brilliant clarity and superb balance
- Each glass crafted in durable, thick glass; minimizes possibility of breakage
- Dimensions: Height: 4 1/8"; Bottom: 2 7/8"; Top: 3 1/2"; Capacity: 12 ounces
Its name refers to Tuxedo Park, New York, at one time a refuge for high societyand birthplace of the dinner jacket called the tuxedo. Before shufflingout of the city after work, Tuxedoites regularly stopped off at the WaldorfMen's Bar, where the Old Fashioned was introduced by, or in honor of, ColonelJames E. Pepper, of Kentucky, proprietor of a celebrated whiskey of theperiod. It was said to have been invented at the famous Pendennis Club inLouisville, of which Colonel Pepper was a member, and the Colonel passed alongthe recipe and muddling technique to the Waldorf's bartender, JohnnieSolon.
From then on, Johnnie served the Old Fashioned in an elegant whiskey glass ofheavy-weight construction and slightly-tapered sides, a design that dates backto the enclave of New York's social elite. The joy of possessing aheritage piece of your own is unparalleled, and the Tuxedo Park Old FashionedWhiskey Glass provides a seamlessly blending of pleasure and tradition, perhapsthe finest drinking vessel you can ever lay your hands on. Offered in aGift Box Set of 2, for keeping or giving.