- Gift Box Set of 4 Mint Julep Cups, crafted in durable, high-quality tempered glass
- Unique version of the design classic; more pleasurable to drink from than pewter or stainless steel
- For the favorite refreshment of President Teddy Roosevelt; also works as a stylish rocks glass
- Built to withstand everyday wear and tear while providing the best drinking experience
- Specifications: Height: 4 1/4"; Rim Diameter: 3 1/4”; Capacity: 9 ounces
Unique Glass Version of the Classic Mint Julep Cup. More Pleasurable to Drink From.
President Teddy Roosevelt was fond of Mint Juleps made with rye whiskey, a splash of brandy, fresh mint grown on the White House grounds, a sugar cube, and finely crushed ice. Prepared by White House steward Henry Pinckney (not actually TR himself), drinks were served in distinctive glass cups that resembled the pewter mugs of Churchill Downs tradition. Mint Juleps made the president giggle with glee when they were served courtside to his guests, typically cabinet members or staffers whom had been cajoled into playing tennis with him.
Offered are these very same glasses, crafted in durable, high-quality tempered glass, a pleasure to hold and built to withstand everyday wear and tear while providing the best drinking experience. Each measures 4 1/4-inches tall, with a top diameter of 3 1/4-inches, with a flat bottom and sides that flare slightly. A unique version of the design classic includes graceful moldings with fine beadwork at the solid, stair-stepped base. Also works as a "Bully Good" rocks glass. Offered in a Gift Box of 4, for keeping or giving.