- Set of 2 authentic beer glasses, with logo of legendary Sloppy Joe's Bar of Havana, Cuba
- 1940s patrons included John Wayne, Spencer Tracy, Clark Gable, Babe Ruth, Ernest Hemingway
- Marvel of simplicity and engineering, with a poetic curve of the bowl and flared top for head retention
- A great glass for Cuban Cristal, Bucanero, Cacique, Mayabe, and nearly any beer style
- Capacity: 13.5-ounces or 400-ml; Dimensions: 5" (H); 3 1/4" (T); 2 3/8" (B)
Viva La Revolution! How the Tourists Drink Beer in Havana.
At Sloppy Joe's Bar on the corner of Calle Animas and Zulueta in Old Havana, two crisp, easy drinking lagers, Bucanero and Cristal, are served in these distinctive signature glasses.
During the 1940s and 1950s this was a favorite haunt of American tourists like John Wayne, Spencer Tracy, Clark Gable, Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Frank Sinatra, Ava Gardner, Ernest Hemingway, as well as tourists wanting to mingle with them. It has been described by the Los Angeles Times as "one of the most famous bars in the world" with "almost the status of a shrine."
Although the bar closed soon after the Cuban Revolution, it was restored and re-opened in 2013. The Sloppy Joe's beer glass is bulbous, and the top flares out to form a lip which helps head retention. Sip your beer with the drunken ghost of Ernest Hemingway from a great glass for nearly any beer style. Offered in a Gift Box Set of 2.