- Rare ashtray from Washington DC's infamous Watergate Hotel
- Scene of the political scandal that led to Nixon's resignation
- Historically significant tobacciana gift for smoker or collector
- Beautifully crafted in pewter by Artograph of Riverdale, Maryland
- Measure 4-inches in diameter; excellent collectible condition
Politically-historic conversation-piece. Nixon's the One.
The Watergate scandal was a political scandal that led to President Richard Nixon's resignation. The scandal stemmed from his administration's continuous attempts to cover up its involvement in the June 17, 1972 break-in of the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Washington D.C. Watergate Complex.
Offered is a rare guestroom ashtray from the infamous Watergate Hotel. Once icons of hospitality and glamour, ashtrays are part of Americana from the golden age of glamorous smoking, now endangered objects, out of use along with cigarettes. This politically-historic ashtray becomes an extraordinary conversation-piece.