- Gift Box Set of 2 French Coupe glasses designed for women who drink Champagne
- Decidedly feminine shape inspired by Madame de Pompadour, star of Parisian society
- Round shallow glass lends an air of sophistication to sipping sparkling wines
- Toughened to withstand the rigors of the professional bar; dishwasher safe
- Specifications: Height: 5 3/4"; Rim Diameter: 4 1/8"; Capacity: 8 ounces/235 ml
For Those Who Consider Any Day a Good Day to Celebrate with Sparkling Wine.
Madame de Pompadour, 18th century star of Parisian society who inspired the breast-shaped coupe glass, explained, "Champagne is the only wine that leaves a woman beautiful after drinking it." Other women have followed in her footsteps.
Bette Davis famously said, "There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of Champagne." Coco Chanel insisted, "I only drink Champagne on two occasions, when I am in love and when I am not." Dorothy Parker wrote, "Three be the things I shall never attain: envy, content, and sufficient Champagne." Brigitte Bardot confessed, "Champagne is the one thing that gives me zest when I'm tired." Tallulah Bankhead sipped Champagne from her slipper, and Marilyn Monroe dunked potato chips in her bubbly.
Certain women, it seems, will order a glass of Champagne for herself, on her own, even if it's not a wedding or New Year's. A confident woman, a woman who enjoys the finer things in life, considers any day a reason to celebrate with the pleasure of sparkling wine. French glassmakers have designed this Champagne glass specifically for women of sophistication and confidence. Offering "A Woman of Paris" Champagne Coupes in a Gift Box Set of 2, for giving or keeping.