- Set of deluxe coupes used for cocktail service aboard America's most famous train
- Iconic design was created by artist Leslie Ragan for the New York Central Railroad
- Tulip-shaped bowl rises aboves a narrow stem; sturdy base maintains balance
- Opulent 1930s profile and dramatic presentation elevates home or professional bar
- Specs: 3 1/4-inches (T); 2 3/4-inches (B); 5 3/4-inches (H); Capacity: 8-ounces
New York to Chicago, Circa 1938.
Renowned for its speed and elegance, the 20th Century Limited was the most celebrated passenger train in America, running between New York City and Chicago in 20 hours.
Settling in for the evening, after a glamorous departure from downtown Manhattan, "Century regulars" enjoyed cocktails in one of three Club Cars, served in iconic tulip-shaped coupes with narrow stems and sturdy bases. The curvature of these glasses, particularly the flared rim, was the brainstorm of artist Leslie Ragan, designed to enhance the aromas and flavors of the most popular drinks.