- Reproduction of the high-back Oval Office chair used by President John F. Kennedy
- Each historically-inspired chair built-to-order, one at a time, by American craftsmen
- Rolled back and seat generously padded for extra comfort and support
- Full 360-degree tilt swivel with lock; adjustable seat height
- Innovative ergonomics while reflecting traditional style and refinement
- Upholstered in top-grain leather from Australian cowhides, choice of 31 colors
- Measures: 25-inches (W) x 34-inches (D) x 47-50-inches (H)
The style of American Presidents' Oval Office chairs reached apotheosis with the executive chair specifically designed for John F. Kennedy. As President-elect Kennedy planned to move into the White House in 1961, skilled craftsmen worked with his personal physician, Dr. Janet Travell, to develop an executive chair that combined ergonomics and aesthetics. She had treated Kennedy for chronic back pain, and insisted that his working chair have the maximum in comfort and support, while reflecting executive style and refinement.
Over time, the original high-back Kennedy Oval Office Chair has become the executive chair by which all others are compared. The legendary chair, superbly crafted one at a time according to historic specifications, is now available for ownership.
The robustly-engineered, orthopedic-firm support structure has an ergonomically-designed back and seat, generously padded for extra comfort. Crafted in top grain leather with even colorization throughout the entire hide. The chair swivels a full 360-degrees and is perched atop upgraded casters which results in complete maneuverability. Combines old world craftsmanship with 21st century ergonomic seating principles.
High-Back Chair / Open Wood Upholstered Arm / Loose Cushion / Tilt Swivel with Lock / Pneumatic Seat Height Adjustment High-Back Chair / Open Wood Upholstered Arm / Loose Cushion / Tilt Swivel with Lock / Pneumatic Seat Height Adjustment