- Authenticated replica, accurate to the legendary movie prop in every detail
- Stands 12 inches tall; cast in heavy, reinforced resin, weighs 2.5 pounds
- Wrapped in Chinese newsprint, bound with twine in Captain Jacobi’s La Paloma burlap bag
- Expressly hand-crafted for History Company with Certificate of Authenticity
- Produced with the same techniques used to create Sam Spade's original
The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of.
The Maltese Falcon ranks as one of the "100 Greatest Movies of All Time," as selected by the American Film Institute. Offered for fans of the film and its unique place in the history of cinema, is an authorized casting of the "stolen" Middle Eastern statuette.
It's the most famous film prop of all time. An exacting casting originally produced for the Warner Brothers documentary, "The Maltese Falcon: One Magnificent Bird," each piece is an exacting reproduction of the "black bird" on display in the movie museum at the Warner studios, hand finished by a studio prop builder with an exclusive multicoat process. It's almost possible to hear Sam Spade, Joel Cairo, Brigid O'Shaughnessy and Wilmer Cook heave a collective gasp. And for movie enthusiasts, such objects of calculated cinematic illusion have a double magic for them. Only you have to know it isn't the real one. Includes Captain Jacobi's Burlap Sea Bag with the La Paloma ship and name stenciled on, an aged address label to Sam Spade, Chinese newsprint wrapping, shredded Kraft paper packing material tie in twine,(Measures approximately 12-inches tall and weighs 2.5 pounds).