- Gift Box Set of 2 Crystal Cocktail Coupes, inspired by the legendary Pegu Club
- Crafted in lead-free crystal; classic coupe bowl and decorative cut-glass design
- Unique pattern engraved into the exterior of the glass adds visual appeal
- Heightened fracture resistance offers remarkable durability; dishwasher safe
- Dimensions: Height: 6"; Top: 4-1/2"; Bottom: 3"; Capacity: 6-3/4 ounces
Exquisite Cocktail Coupe from Another Time and Place. Each a Timeless Legacy.
Forty miles up the Rangoon River in the land of the Golden Pagodas, one might have found themselves at the Pegu Club, the exclusive haunt of colonial British army officers, government officials, and businessmen, a place to loosen up and get tight on cocktails that represented the homeland to a crew of homesick Englishmen. Those who were allowed entry could expect to quench their thirst with the club's own cocktail, which seems to have been engineered specifically to beat the heat and humidity of Burma.
Imagine the great Victorian story-teller Rudyard Kipling on his visit to the Pegu Club in 1889, sipping the signature drink as he writes his famous lines: "On the road to Mandalay, where the flyin’ fishes play." Kipling is gone, and the club has vanished along with the British, but the Pegu Club Cocktail is still the drink of good-fellowship. And the beloved coupe with a rounded bowl and decorative cut-glass design, remains a timeless legacy many Brits hold dear.
The Rudyard Kipling "Pegu Club" Cocktail Coupe looks delicate, but it's made of toughened crystal, stiff as a British upper lip. Offered in a Gift Box Set of 2 for keeping or giving.