- Handsome vintage-style crystal whiskey glass with faceted, textured surface
- Design inspired by vintage barware from the old Hotel Astor's legendary Men-Only Bar
- Each glass crafted in nearly 1-pound of lead-free crystal; holds 9 fluid ounces
- Dishwasher safe; toughened to withstand the rigors of the hospitality industry
- Dimensions: Height: 4-inches; Diameter 3 1/4-inches
Re-Introducing the "Men's Bar" Whiskey Glass in One Pound of Crystal.
Its roots go back to 1904, when millionaire William Waldorf Astor opened the Hotel Astor in New York's Times Square. The hotel's legendary Men-Only Bar was open from 6 AM to 1 AM daily, and no less than ten bartenders were on hand, serving drinks to a roster of patrons including Pierpont Morgan, Samuel Langhorne Clemens (better known as Mark Twain), Colonel William F. Cody (otherwise “Buffalo Bill”), Vice President Charles Warren Fairbanks, Alfred E. Smith, John "Bet a Million" Gates, and Diamond Jim Brady. Actors rubbed elbows with financiers and athletes with industrial giants.
The bar attracted these men of fastidious tastes because its drinks were what they ought to be, served in whiskey glasses crafted in nearly 1-pound of crystal. These glasses conveyed an expression of conviviality, and the entire experience revolved around how you hold one in your hand.
Offered is a Gift Box Set of 2 Hotel Astor "Men's Bar" Crystal Whiskey Glasses, true to the days when men were men, and women were glad of it. (Includes a bit of Hotel Astor history).