- Signature coupe glasses, inspired by legendary F. Scott Fitzgerald
- True to the stylish, sophisticated coupes of The Great Gatsby era
- Suitable for formal service yet durable for everyday use; dishwasher safe
- Dimensions: 4.5" (top); 3" (bottom); 6" (height); Capacity: 12.5 ounces
- Authorized by the F. Scott Fitzgerald Estate Limited
Floating Rounds of Cocktails in Gatsby-Inspired Coupes. Drink Like It's the 1920s.
One of the most celebrated of American writers, F. Scott Fitzgerald was a figure whose life and works embodied powerful myths about our national dreams and aspirations. He lived his life as a romantic, and he left us one sure masterpiece, a book about a fellow named Gatsby. It was the 1920s, described by Fitzgerald as “the greatest, gaudiest spree in history," and Prohibition unwittingly made liquor more desirable, more fashionable.
"I like large parties. They’re so intimate," Fitzgerald writes in Gatsby. The novel is drenched in glitzy parties where "floating rounds of cocktails" are served in statuesque coupes with long, slender stems and a shallow bowls, synonymous with privilege, sophistication, easy elegance. True to the cocktail coupes of an exuberant era, these glasses are fun to hold, fun to sip. Excellent for dinner parties or any occasion where Gatsbyesque glamour is requested. Offered in a Gift Box Set of 2. Too alluring to resist. So why even try?
Authorized by the F. Scott Fitzgerald Estate Limited.